Monday, August 17, 2015

Maze Runner by James Dashner

This summer I read a book called "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. This book was really great, it had one main character, his name is Thomas, and just like everyone else who is in the maze, he has lost all his memory of family and friends. These kids ranging from 12 to 18 were brought into the maze, not knowing anything about what was going on. All of the boys who were brought into the maze were very smart, but also very confused of why they were in the maze. Their purpose is to get out of the maze, which will later result in a good/bad situation.

When I read this book, I could not stop reading. I stopped interacting with my family just to read this book. This book made me think of so many different things in our world today, and things that could possibly happen to our environment. This book made me think a lot more than most books do. The fact that a sickness that could corrupt the world and they need to find a cure is so interesting to me! The people in the maze have no idea what the sickness is or where it is, but the book will let you figure it out on your own.

I connected this book to "The Hunger Games" because I really think that it brought the same feeling of surviving and fighting for your life into the book really deeply, it also brings in the violence that it had, and just like the maze runner kids died in horrible ways. There is  another connection with these two books that also has a difference. It is that there are people behind them being there, and people are controlling the environment that they are in. But in the Hunger Games there was really no good intention to them being there but there was a good intention in the Maze Runner. A more personal connection I made to the maze runner, is that the maze reminds me of running through the woods in Maine. I recommend this book, for people who like adventures, and can handle violence in the sense of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment