Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Title: The Fault in our Stars
Author: John Green
So I read the fault in our stars over the summer, and the story is about a girl named Hazel, and how she falls in love with a boy named Augustus Waters. It's a story on how they go to Amsterdam, and how eventually they have to say goodbye. This book connects to the world around me because it focuses on another type of person that isn't really represented in today's media, and it's good for people out there who can say, "Oh, this person looks like me." I think that's really important for people to see themselves in the media, and it really sucks when you don't see people that look like you. I would recommend This book to my mom, because she was diegnosed with cancer, (thankfully she is now 100% cancer free,) but I think that she would really like reading a story about someone like her.

Title: The Unwanteds
Author: Lisa MCMann
I read the Unwanteds over the summer, and it is about a land named quill, and two brothers, Aaron and Alex Stowe. In quill creativity is banned, and there are wanteds, necessarys, and unwanteds. Aaron is a wanted, and Alex is an unwanted. This book connects to me, because I see myself as very creative, so if I lived in a world like quill, I don't know what I would do. I would recommend this book to my brother, because he LOVES everything sci fi and sci fi books.

Title: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
I read the book Paper Towns over the summer, and it's about a boy named Quentin has the most popular girl in school Margo askes him to do a bunch of crazy tasks with him in the middle of the night. The next day at school she disappears, so him and his freinds go looking for her. I would recommend this book to my mom's partner Jeanne, because she loves books like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment