Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tiny Pretty Things

   
By Dhonielle Clayton & Sona Charaipotra

       Tiny Pretty Things by Dhonielle Clayton and Sona Charaipotra is one of my favorite books of all time! And I am sure it will be your favorite too after you read it. I read this book twice! Tiny Pretty Things is set at a prestigous dance school called the American Ballet conservatory. Dance is taken very seriously here. So when there is a main role up for grabs, everyone will do whatever it takes. And when I say whatever it takes, I mean it. The main characters Gigi, Bette, and June all want to be on the top. Even if it means someone getting hurt. New comer Giselle Stewart doesn't know the sacrifices it takes to be on the top. Giselle Stewart stands out because she is the only African American in the ABC. But she wants to prove that she is the best dancer there. June forever lives in the wings because she is always the understudy. And she fights for that one moment where the spotlight can be on her. Bette on the other hand has a reputation to hold, living in the shadow of her big sister, and dating one of the ABC's most talented male dancers, and being one of the most talented dancers. But once Gigi comes along, Bette realizes she can lose it all.
          I recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery and drama, and shocking events. This book is from the same publishers who brought you Pretty Little Liars. But by the time you are done with your book, you will realize that there are a little cliff hangers in this book. Well don't sit at the edge of your seat and scream (like I did😥.) Because there's a sequel! *Squeal!* But I can guarantee, you will love this book!
P.S. The sequel is even better! It's called Shiny Broken Pieces! Look in Barnes & Nobles. That's where I got it yesterday. But I might've taken the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment