Sunday, July 17, 2016

The End by Lemoney Snicket

         
            The book I read was The End by Lemoney Snicket. I thought that this book was an excellent ending to the long, mysterious Series Of Unfortunate Events. In this volume of the series, the three orphans, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire,  are shipwrecked on a coastal shelf (an underwater landmass which extends from a continent, resulting in an area of shallow water) after a long storm. They are soon found by the nearby islanders, and discover that the islanders have some strange customs, such as drinking fermented coconut water, all day every day. They live on the island for a short period of time and attempt to solve the unexplainable mystery that is their life. I thought the novel did a great job of summing up the 13-book series. Nearly all of the strange events that occurred in the previous books were explained, with the exception of the all- important sugar bowl. (I shall say no more!)
          I would recommend this book to mystery lovers, although I advise that you read the previous 12 books before this one. (GASP!) I know, I know, but it is completely worth it because the Baudelaire's story is not one to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment